How can I take the personal licence course in Ipswich?
Traditionally, the BIIAB APLH (Award For Personal Licence Holders) was held (and still is) over a 1 day course, normally in a hotel function room with around 10-30 candidates. This was followed by a paper examination around 4pm, with the exam papers then being posted back to the examination board for marking.
Previously we would have had our results back within around 3 days, although occasionally this could have been nearer 5.
Inn Confidence offer BIIAB personal licence online exams. Our online exams provide an instant result, free re-sit(s), and the opportunity to take your personal licence exam at home on your own laptop.
Some companies might still be offering the BIIAB APLH as a one day course but for the time being, especially in these uncertain times, we are only offering the personal licence online.
Our personal licence online at home APLH exam is ideal for anyone who cannot dedicate a full day and those in a hurry for their exam result (instant result) and certificate FAST TRACKED (around 3-5 days).
Step 1 – Make your Personal Licence Course Ipswich online booking
Step 2 – You will receive your welcome email instantly which includes e-book and online presentation
Step 3 – Let us know when you are ready for your exam and we will set you up
Step 4 – Result provided instantly – no 5 day wait for your result
How much does it cost?
£125+vat and £75+vat for any subsequent candidate (on the same booking)
This includes all revision material, one free re-sit, exam fees and certificate.
There are no hidden extras.
- Take exam at home or workplace at ANY time of day (or night)
- Results available immediately
- Unlimited re-sits (if needed)
- Certificate fast tracked and normally back at our office within 3 days
- E-cert available within 24hrs
- £125+vat and add other candidates for just £75+vat (on the same booking)
What type of equirpment do i need?
- Laptop or desktop PC
- Built in web camera (or standalone) – most laptops have them as standard
- We can help you set the exam up should you have any issues
What’s the exam like?
The BIIAB Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders consists of 40 multiple choice questions.
You must score at least 28 of the 40 questions correctly to pass the exam.
The qualification comprises of:
- The roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities within the framework of the licensing objectives
- The application process for a personal licence
- The role and legal responsibilities of the personal licence holder and the penalties relating to failure to comply with the law
- The premises licence
- The content and purpose of operating schedules
- The role and duties of the designated premises supervisor
- Unauthorised and temporary licensable activities
- Rights of entry to licensed premises
- Police powers with regard to suspension and closure of licensed premises
- The specific prohibitions for the sale of alcohol
- The strengths of alcoholic drinks, and the effects of alcohol on the human body
- The protection of children from harm
- The responsible retail sale of alcohol.
Assessment: 40 Multiple choice questions
How do i get my premises licence in Ipswich?
A premises licence can be applied for by an individual who is 18 or over, a company that operates the business or an organisation such as a charity or educational institution. Once granted, the individual, company or organisation becomes the licence holder with responsibility for the legal operation of the premises.
Most sales of alcohol are sales of alcohol by retail, regardless of the amount of alcohol purchased, and all sales will therefore require a premises licence and a designated premises supervisor.
How do i apply for a premises licence in Ipswich?
An Application for a premises licence is made to the licensing authority in the area where the premises are situated. The application itself consists of:
- Application form (sent either by post or electronically)
- Operating Schedule
- DPS details and a signed consent form (if application is for sale of alcohol by retail)
- Plan of the premises in a specific format
- Document showing the applicant is entitled to work in the UK
- Application fee
The premises licence application will then need to be advertised:
- In the local newspaper; and
- An A4-size notice displayed on or outside the premises
PREMISES LICENCE APPLICATION SERVICE
Inn Confidence provides a fixed-fee service for premises licence applications for the:
Grant of a new Premises Licence (£650 ex vat)
Full variation of an existing Premises Licence (£500 ex vat)
Prices exclude vat and licensing disbursements
What does this cover?
- Risk Assessment by an experienced consultant
- Liaison with the applicant and the responsible authorities
- Preparation, completion & submission of all forms of application including the Operating Schedule
- Preparation of notice for posting at the premises and arrangement for publication in the local press
- Negotiation with any concerned parties throughout the consultation period
What would be extra?
The cost of suitable layout plans to accompany the application (which we can arrange for you), the newspaper notice fee (usually around £200-£300), the licensing application fee (grant or full variation is usually £100 or £190) and representation at a licensing hearing (if there are stubborn objections that cannot be negotiated away).
What other applications will Inn Confidence manage?
- Minor variation of a premises licence
- Transfer of a premises licence
- Appointment of a new designated premises supervisor
- Issue of temporary event notices
- The grant of a personal licence
Why choose Inn Confidence?
- Highly regarded, experienced and award winning licensing consultants
- National coverage
- Fixed-fee on all applications
- Fully managed from consultation to completion
Call today for a chat about your requirements.
call 0151 558 1783 or email firstname.lastname@example.org